- This aspect is form when two or more planets are within 3 degrees of one another (the tighter the degree is to 0, the more powerful and profound the integration of the two planetary energies into one another).
- Each planet has their own individual energy, however in a conjunction, the planetary energy is expressed simultaneously in the style of the sign they are both placed. These planets will act together, not individualistically.
- This aspect is considered a ‘hard’ aspect due to the fact they can express more positive or negative qualities depending on the style of drive of a planet.
- Conjunctions to other planets can give that planet a style of expression as the conducting planet rules (Example: Sun conjunct Jupiter will give the native a Sagittarian style of expression to their self identity, regardless of sign. Conjuncting Jupiter will also greatly enhance the sign of the sun, making them far more prominent than without the conjunction).
Easy – Moon conjunct Venus: Love and affection is also integrated into the natives style of nurturing and what they need to be emotionally satisfied. This is an extremely gentle, and affectionate conjunction.
Hard – Sun conjunct Saturn: This can be a very self limiting aspect, as Saturn puts blocks on the natives drive for self expression, making the native rather quiet and shy. This can also be an indication of someone who is prone to depression and self doubt.
- This aspect if formed 177 – 183 degrees from one another (the closer to 180 degrees, the more prominent this aspect is felt).
- This aspect show two conflicting energies within the self, that are contradicting and conflicting.
- These planetary energies will make a ‘swinging’ motion, going back and forth as they try to gain dominance of expression.
- This aspect feels internally tense, irritating and uncomfortable, as if no matter what you do, you can’t get exactly what you want.
- Though this is another hard aspect, like the conjcuntion, it does carry benefits and can be balanced.
- The first step to balancing this aspect lies in the realisation that you need BOTH energies to be expressed, not just one.
- This aspect is easier to resolve if a trine to one or both planets is involved or is part of a T-Square.
- The opposing planet, like the opposition, will integrate the style of the sign it rules (Example: Mars in pisces opposite Pluto in Virgo would indicate someone who acts passive in times of confrontation one time, than becomes explosive and aggressive – much like a mars in scorpio – another time).
- This aspect can also be balanced as planets will more often than not share the same modality and be a in compatible element (apart from the cases where this aspect is formed by out of sign planets).
Venus opposite Uranus: To balance this opposition, the native would need a sense of personal freedom in relationships in oder to form a functional relationship. This person may also fluctuate from being affection to passive, and in these time, some personal space will be needed, and they are ready, can return to the partner – unconventional relationships tend to manifest from people with this aspect.
- This aspect is formed when two planets are 117-123 degrees from one another (the closer to 120 degrees, the more prominent this aspect is expressed).
- Training planets are often in the same element.
- It is a easy, flowing aspect whereby planets interact with ease, often providing the native with a ‘talent’ or strength in and between characteristics and energies.
- This aspect is so easy, the native will not notice this aspect in their own personality, and are often puzzled by others who can not express the planets training in the same way they do.
- This aspect holds a lot of potential, though because the nature of the aspect is so natural and laid back, a transit or interaction with another who activates the trine in synastry may be needed for the potential to be manifested.
- Acknowledging this aspect in your chart will help you better understand and utilise this talent/gift.
Sun trine Mars: This will show a native who’s self-expression and self-drive flow together with ease. This person will have no problem expressing who they are and what they want, and have a great amount of personal drive to achieve goals. This can also give the native an aura of sexual magnetism and a heroic and stand-out presence.
- This aspect is formed when two planets are 88-92 degrees apart (the closer to 90 degrees, the more prominent this aspect is expressed and felt).
- Planets squaring one another will often be a planet with the same modality but with an incompatible element.
- The tension caused by this aspect is described as a type of ‘friction’ – two planets having the same aim (modality) with a different style/method (element).
- This aspect can force and issue/compose a challenge externally as the aspect is projected outside the self onto the outside world to be dealt and resolved with.
- This aspect can pressure to to find a resolution based on the lessons of the planets (in signs) that are involved.
- A lot of effort is required to resolve the issues proposed by this aspect.
Mercury square Neptune: This native may have difficulty in differentiating facts from reality. There may be a lot of mental confusion with this aspect and a tendency to get lost in conversation, being spoken to and to transverse into a world of daydreaming and fantasy. Their concentration may be short, and may also be delusional in their thought. This aspect could also manifest a lair, or through a more positive manifestation, someone who can express their mental confusion through creative writing and materialising their fantasies into words/poetry.
- This aspect is formed when two planets are 58 – 62 degrees from one another (the closer to 60 degrees, the more prominent this aspect is expressed and felt).
- This aspect links planets of different modalities and elements, though the elements will be compatible (Earth/Water – Air/Fire)
- These planets have compatible styles of expression and will ‘encourage’ one another in their form of expression
- They can excite/stimulate one another, feeding each other productive energies
- This aspect can manifest opportunities, but it is up to the native to decide whether or not they chose to use them. More to gain if taken, and if ignored or declined, nothing is lost.
- This aspect is also another indicator for talents, possibly more active than the trine. You are more likely to notice and work on these talents.
Mars sextile Pluto: This aspect would give the native formidable ability to incorporate raw plutonic power into their will power and drive. This can give great ability to put a lot off personal power into tasks and to achieve goals. This natives drive would be persistent and they would possess tremendous durability. This native may posses great physical power and have a large sex drive, not to mention quite sexually skilled and magnetic.
Inconjunct/Quincunx (Hard – often debated as a major or minor aspect.)
- This aspect is formed when two planets are 148-152 degrees apart (the closer to 150 degrees, the more prominent this aspect is expressed and felt).
- This is a point of major conflict between planets. Two planets that have no compatibility by sign or modality, yet are forced to interact with each other.
- This aspect must be balanced and adjusted (either by escape rout via sextile or trine to one of the planets involved).
- Those who poses this aspect in a tight orb (0′-2′) between planets often tend to compartmentalise the two areas of life indicated by the planets and points involved, acting out one planet at a time until the other planet becomes frustrated and takes over and is expressed.
- Through the inflexibility of this aspect, it can manifest as an either ‘make or break’ situation.
- A new, inventive and personal outcome can be created with this aspect.
Venus inconjunct Saturn: This aspect can indicate a native who’s ability to express love and tender affection clashes with their sense of authority, structure and patriarchal nature. This person may give excessive amounts of affection and love and may begin to feel like they aren’t getting the same amount in return, thus resorting to becoming cold and rejecting any affection that the partner tries to give. This person may also try to be patriarchal and directing in a situation that really requires gentle affection and care.
©ellie-mae-astrology on Tumblr