Excerpt from “Remain Faithful to Your Idea” in Five Lessons by Neville Goddard.
Man, by assuming the feeling of his wish fulfilled, and then living and acting on this conviction, alters the future in harmony with his assumption. Assumptions awaken what they affirm. As soon as man assumes the feeling of his wish fulfilled, his fourth-dimensional Self finds ways for the attainment of this end, discovers methods for its realization.
I know of no clearer definition of the means by which we realize our desires than to EXPERIENCE IN THE IMAGINATION WHAT WE WOULD EXPERIENCE IN THE FLESH WERE WE TO ACHIEVE OUR GOAL. This imaginary experience of the end with acceptance, wills the means. The fourth-dimensional Self then constructs with its larger outlook the means necessary to realize the accepted end.
The undisciplined mind finds it difficult to assume a state which is denied by the senses. But here is a technique that makes it easy to “call things which are not seen as though they were,” that is, to encounter an event before it occurs. People have a habit of slighting the importance of simple things. But this simple formula for changing the future was discovered after years of searching and experimenting.
The first step in changing the future is DESIRE, that is, define your objective – know definitely what you want.
Secondly, construct an event which you believe you would encounter FOLLOWING the fulfillment of your desire – an event which implies fulfillment of your desire – something which will have the action of Self predominant.
Thirdly, immobilize the physical body, and induce a condition akin to sleep by imagining that you are sleepy. Lie on a bed, or relax in a chair. Then, with eyelids closed and your attention focused on the action you intend to experience in imagination, mentally feel yourself right into the proposed action; imagining all the while that you are actually performing the action here and now.
Tag: law of attraction
Austin Spare vs. Neville Goddard: A Comparison of Techniques
The technique for materializing our demands is simple for Nature embraces all those who seek individuation, as Nature herself seeks every differentiation:
1) Our desire (for the thing) must be whole-hearted and all else sacrificed to that end.
2) Our belief must be fixed and be-lived, at least ‘as if’.
3) Our will (nervous energy) must be secret, and suppressed, to create tension and released only at the psychological moment. At that time gaze into, and beyond, the familiar vista (from hill-top), into The Aeon, the spaciousness beyond your meannesses, corners of reality, borrowed precepts, dogmas and beliefs; until you are in spacious unity. Indraw your breath until your body quivers and then give a mighty suspiration, releasing all your nervous energy into the focal point of your wish; and as your urgent desire merges into the ever-present procreative sea you will feel a tremendous insurge and self-transformation. The Devil himself shall not prevent your ‘will’ from materializing. In your prayers (media), remember: your Soul is your nearest, and the bringer of all good things. Your God is stone deaf.
Austin Osman Spare, Kenneth Grant, and Steffi Grant, Zos Speaks!: Encounters With Austin Osman Spare (London: Holmes Pub Group, 1998), 237.
Let me again lay the foundation of prayer, which is nothing more than a controlled waking dream:
1. Define your objective, know definitely what you want.
2. Construct an event which you believe you will encounter FOLLOWING the fulfillment of your desire – something which will have the action of Self predominant – an event which implies the fulfillment of your desire.
3. Immobilize the physical body and induce a state of consciousness akin to sleep. Then, mentally feel yourself right into the proposed action, until the single sensation of fulfillment dominates the mind; imagining all the while that you are actually performing the action HERE AND NOW so that you experience in imagination what you would experience in the flesh were you now to realize your goal. Experience has convinced me that this is the easiest way to achieve our goal.
Goddard, Neville. n.d. “Remain Faithful to Your Idea,”
RealNeville.com, http://realneville.com/pdf/lesson5.pdf (accessed February 28, 2018) 7-12.
What Is Synchronicity?
I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “everything happens for a reason”. I used to hate this saying because I thought it was a cheap answer to complicated questions. Now I see that there are no accidents, no coincidences and nothing happens by chance – everything is in alignment with the journey we are on.
The word synchronicity is derived from the Greek language. “Syn” meaning with and “chronos” meaning time – so something that happens synchronistically is happening “with time”. I interpret this to mean that whatever is happening is doing so in time with where I am in my journey.
A synchronistic experience could be – you’ve been thinking about a particular person you haven’t seen in a long time and they manifest in your life. Meeting that person at that specific time and not a minute sooner happens this way for both of you because you are embodying a similar vibration at that time.
When your vibrational frequency aligns with that of another person – you will see them more often in your life. The world outside of us reflects the world inside of us – whatever you are feeling and thinking on the inside will be reflected in your external environment.
You can consciously manifest synchronistic experiences in your life if you are proficient in use of the law of attraction and meditation. If you focus your intention during meditations on a specific outcome – you will see it manifest. If you match your vibration to that of a specific person, place or thing – you will attract them.
Many of us are unconsciously creating the reality we live in, thus we see synchronistic experiences as coincidences. When you acknowledge what you are creating – you can start consciously deciding what you want to attract into your life.
There are no accidents – everything happens for a reason.
Peace & positive vibes.
7 Steps to Manifestation
1. VISION – have an idea, image, dream, wish, picture of what you say you want. Having some initial concept or vision.
2. DESIRE – this goes hand in hand with the idea of excitement. The things that you see that you say you want must be accompanied by a strong energy, emotion. That energizes the vision. Pumps energy into it. Emotion = Energy in Motion. Strong, intense all consuming desire for the Manifestation of that reality.
3. BELIEF – you must know, explore, examine within yourself that you have the belief that it is POSSIBLE to manifest this thing. That you DESERVE this thing. Your beliefs are going to allow this thing to be possible. So get in touch with the idea of what you do believe, and find out what you would prefer to believe. Find out where the beliefs you had came from, why you insist (or have insisted) on maintaining them, why they have worked for you, why you are motivated to believe those definitions and determine in your imagination new definitions that are more representative of what you really desire. And then KNOW that those new beliefs are in effect, and that’s the 4th step…
4. ACCEPTANCE – you must totally accept yourself and the new belief as true, without question, without a shadow of a doubt. Just as you accepted the old belief. The first 4 steps are what you call, in effect, the
SET-UP. The last 3 are; Once you have the vision, the desire, the belief + accepted it totally, then you need…
5. The INTENTION – You must intend to manifest it. You can want something but not neccessarily intend it – with your will, with your focus to manifest it. It must be a conscious CHOICE. Not an effort, but a focus. This is also known as your conscious commandment of your reality. After that…
6. ACTION – you must act like you’re already in the state of that reality you want. You must BEHAVE as if the reality already exist in the present. You must do the things you would do in the way you would do them as if the reality already existed for you. You must GROUND all the vision, desire etc. in the actions that you do. So that your BEHAVIOR and YOUR BODY LANGUAGE are different than they used to be, and representative of the reality that you are now focused on. Rather than of the reality you no longer prefer. Because your body language is really telling what you believe you are capable of. And what you really believe exists for you at present. After you have build up that intense cloud of vision, that intense emotional desire, that crystal clear belief, after you have totally accepted that this is true for you, after you have focused your intention and have your actions to reflect it, you…
7. Absolutely, totally DETACH from any outcome at all. Allowance is the last step, you have to LET IT GO. Utterly, utterly!!UNCONDITIONALLY. That’s the power of paradox. You’re using the power of the paradox of the existence of creation. The dark and the light, both sides of the polarity. You have to have, in order to manifest anything, an absolute intensity of what you want – with absolutely NO EXPECTATION that it has to manifest at all. That’s the BALANCE STATE you need to be in for the manifestation to be EFFORTLESS. You have to let it go.
7 Law Of Attraction Principles You Need To Know
1. We attract what we are. Like attracts like in this universe, when we desire something we must become that which we are seeking and watch it present itself to us.
2. Our vibe attracts our tribe. The people in our lives are a direct reflection of who we are, if we don’t like the people we’re surrounded by something has to change and that something is us.
3. We create our reality. We are multidimensional beings having a human experience, we are here to create, play and have fun. We do this by creating everything we experience based on our thoughts, beliefs & actions.
4. Aligning with our truth. Living in alignment with our true feelings and living authentically will allow us to create the life we love. When we compromise living our truth for the comfort of others we are actively creating a reality based on fear and lies which will only result in dissatisfaction.
5. Let love guide us, not fear. Choosing love instead of fear every time the choice presents itself tells the universe that we are love and we attract more love into all areas of our lives.
6. Our emotional bank balance. The way we feel is directly related to the way we experience life, when our emotional bank balance is high we can expect to attract the people, places & things that make us feel good.
7. Pronoia. When we believe the universe is conspiring to help us we begin to experience life through the lens of positivity. Adopting this belief means regardless what we experience it is positively contributing to our growth.
We attract what we are, not what we want.
“Thought is a force – a manifestation of energy – having a magnet-like power of attraction.”
— William Walker Atkinson
~10 Kinds Of Magical Books~
1. Book Of Shadows– A witch’s book of spells, rituals, personal feelings, etc. It is a general book for any metaphysical or religious information that you wish to put into it, among other things.
2.Bestiary- A sometimes hand-written encyclopedia or manual of mythological and magical creatures and beings, used for reference when you want to work with a non-human energy, or for general research.
3.Grimoire– Usually filled with tables and charts, lists relating to astrological, numerical, and color correspondences; properties of crystals, herbs, trees, etc. Contains moon phase meanings and medicinal properties of plants- This one has an old-timey textbook feel to it, usually.
4.Book Of Mirrors– a special journal, where you ‘reflect’ on things going on in your day to day life, providing deep insights which are invaluable when you’re doing work regarding personal growth. Very helpful with developing personal spiritual philosophies.
5.Book Of Moons– A book entirely relating to the moon and it’s cycles, names of the moons of each month, their attributes and energies, dates of lunar eclipses as well as full moon dates of upcoming moons. Filled with vast knowledge of lunar attributes and special dates of red moons, blue moons, etc.
6.Dream Journal– Here you record the dreams you have in as much detail as you can remember, and some people draw images from their dream adventures in this book as well, since dreams use the language of symbolism and imagery. You interpret the meanings of your dreams in here too, if you wish. Dreams can help us get a glimpse into our subconscious and the more dreams you write the easier it becomes for you to remember them.
7. Book of Visions– A vision book is used with the law of attraction, it is a ‘vision board’ in book form. Put different images of things you want in life, be they experiences, physical items, money, health, etc, in the pages of the book. Open the book up to pictures of what you want to visualize having. Think of this as an on-the-go vision board, except with much more space as there are so many pages!
8.Book Of Positive Aspects– At the top of each page you write the name of a topic that you are unhappy with, like ‘the workplace’ for example. Below the topic title you begin listing all the positive aspects of the subject, and by the end of your list your emotions will be in a much better place regarding the topic. You can do a list a day or many in one sitting, it is a valuable tool for cultivating positive energy or for switching viewpoints on things that normally would upset you.
9.Gratitude Journal– A book where you write about EVERYTHING you are thankful and appreciative for in your life right now. You feel overwhelmed with love and positivity when writing in this book, which aids you in raising your vibration and frequency.
10. Book Of Intuitions– a psychic journal, it’s a book where all divination and psychic exercises are recorded, ranging from full tarot spreads, to tea leaf readings, even psychic impressions you pick up off people. It’s handy for tracking progress as well as for record keeping.