Excerpt from “Remain Faithful to Your Idea” in Five Lessons by Neville Goddard.
Man, by assuming the feeling of his wish fulfilled, and then living and acting on this conviction, alters the future in harmony with his assumption. Assumptions awaken what they affirm. As soon as man assumes the feeling of his wish fulfilled, his fourth-dimensional Self finds ways for the attainment of this end, discovers methods for its realization.
I know of no clearer definition of the means by which we realize our desires than to EXPERIENCE IN THE IMAGINATION WHAT WE WOULD EXPERIENCE IN THE FLESH WERE WE TO ACHIEVE OUR GOAL. This imaginary experience of the end with acceptance, wills the means. The fourth-dimensional Self then constructs with its larger outlook the means necessary to realize the accepted end.
The undisciplined mind finds it difficult to assume a state which is denied by the senses. But here is a technique that makes it easy to “call things which are not seen as though they were,” that is, to encounter an event before it occurs. People have a habit of slighting the importance of simple things. But this simple formula for changing the future was discovered after years of searching and experimenting.
The first step in changing the future is DESIRE, that is, define your objective – know definitely what you want.
Secondly, construct an event which you believe you would encounter FOLLOWING the fulfillment of your desire – an event which implies fulfillment of your desire – something which will have the action of Self predominant.
Thirdly, immobilize the physical body, and induce a condition akin to sleep by imagining that you are sleepy. Lie on a bed, or relax in a chair. Then, with eyelids closed and your attention focused on the action you intend to experience in imagination, mentally feel yourself right into the proposed action; imagining all the while that you are actually performing the action here and now.
Austin Spare vs. Neville Goddard: A Comparison of Techniques
The technique for materializing our demands is simple for Nature embraces all those who seek individuation, as Nature herself seeks every differentiation:
1) Our desire (for the thing) must be whole-hearted and all else sacrificed to that end.
2) Our belief must be fixed and be-lived, at least ‘as if’.
3) Our will (nervous energy) must be secret, and suppressed, to create tension and released only at the psychological moment. At that time gaze into, and beyond, the familiar vista (from hill-top), into The Aeon, the spaciousness beyond your meannesses, corners of reality, borrowed precepts, dogmas and beliefs; until you are in spacious unity. Indraw your breath until your body quivers and then give a mighty suspiration, releasing all your nervous energy into the focal point of your wish; and as your urgent desire merges into the ever-present procreative sea you will feel a tremendous insurge and self-transformation. The Devil himself shall not prevent your ‘will’ from materializing. In your prayers (media), remember: your Soul is your nearest, and the bringer of all good things. Your God is stone deaf.
Austin Osman Spare, Kenneth Grant, and Steffi Grant, Zos Speaks!: Encounters With Austin Osman Spare (London: Holmes Pub Group, 1998), 237.
Let me again lay the foundation of prayer, which is nothing more than a controlled waking dream:
1. Define your objective, know definitely what you want.
2. Construct an event which you believe you will encounter FOLLOWING the fulfillment of your desire – something which will have the action of Self predominant – an event which implies the fulfillment of your desire.
3. Immobilize the physical body and induce a state of consciousness akin to sleep. Then, mentally feel yourself right into the proposed action, until the single sensation of fulfillment dominates the mind; imagining all the while that you are actually performing the action HERE AND NOW so that you experience in imagination what you would experience in the flesh were you now to realize your goal. Experience has convinced me that this is the easiest way to achieve our goal.
Goddard, Neville. n.d. “Remain Faithful to Your Idea,”
RealNeville.com, http://realneville.com/pdf/lesson5.pdf (accessed February 28, 2018) 7-12.
In order to understand dream magic, and how to manipulate others dreams (whether it’s for good or bad juju), you have to understand how to operate your own dreams.
- Understand your own dreams: You have to start remembering your dreams. Whether it’s something as simple as saying a mantra before you go to sleep such as, “I will remember my dreams when I wake up.”
- Keep a dream journal: If you have a hard time with remembering anything, write your dreams as soon as you wake up to keep record of what has happened.
- Give yourself time when you wake up: Once you wake up, let your mind remain in a relaxed state, it’ll be easier to reflect on your dreams when you wake up.
- Our minds are connected through a Universal wifi: While this is not technology, our minds are energy and we are all connected, once this mindset sets in, it’s easier to “tap” into other consciousness.
- Keep practicing: Dream magic comes with much practice; we have to train our minds to tap into this kind of force, and it’s something we have to keep up.
Dream work is very important when practicing magic, and it allows opens up our intuition to help aid in any spirit work. Dream magic has been a powerful practice since the time of the old gods when it was taught to man. It’s up to the Witch on how you use this ability.
7 Law Of Attraction Principles You Need To Know
1. We attract what we are. Like attracts like in this universe, when we desire something we must become that which we are seeking and watch it present itself to us.
2. Our vibe attracts our tribe. The people in our lives are a direct reflection of who we are, if we don’t like the people we’re surrounded by something has to change and that something is us.
3. We create our reality. We are multidimensional beings having a human experience, we are here to create, play and have fun. We do this by creating everything we experience based on our thoughts, beliefs & actions.
4. Aligning with our truth. Living in alignment with our true feelings and living authentically will allow us to create the life we love. When we compromise living our truth for the comfort of others we are actively creating a reality based on fear and lies which will only result in dissatisfaction.
5. Let love guide us, not fear. Choosing love instead of fear every time the choice presents itself tells the universe that we are love and we attract more love into all areas of our lives.
6. Our emotional bank balance. The way we feel is directly related to the way we experience life, when our emotional bank balance is high we can expect to attract the people, places & things that make us feel good.
7. Pronoia. When we believe the universe is conspiring to help us we begin to experience life through the lens of positivity. Adopting this belief means regardless what we experience it is positively contributing to our growth.
We attract what we are, not what we want.