Based on some random poster found in Copenhagen.
“Principles of Magic
1. Every magician has a beautiful vision for the world. 2. Every system of magic is a single artists tool, used to reshape reality. 3. If you believe, it shall exist. 4. When you call, they will answer. 5. Success and failure, is one and the same: ignorance and depression is the enemy. 6. Be like all equally, and you shall unite; refuse and separate.”
Here are some propositions I devised on how to become a better occultist. These are based on my personal experience as someone who has practiced occultism for over a decade. They are not organized in an order of importance.
1. Acknowledge that you are part of a golden chain of occultists, from the most ancient philosophers to the post-modern psychonauts. Honor your predecessors (and their invaluable work) by acquainting yourself with their ideas: these will strengthen your mind and assist you in the Great Work.
2. Be aware of energy, where ever and when ever possible.
3. Trust your intuition, or gut-feeling. If something does not feel right, it probably isn’t. If it does, it probably is.
4. Be always open-minded to new possibilities, new methods and new theories. Occultism is an ever-evolving science.
5. Take pleasure in every occult operation. Have fun!
6. Acknowledge that what you do is at the apex of human experience, so do it with dignity.
7. Be bold. No occult or spiritual breakthrough is ever achieved by the timid.
8. Never be submissive or feel inferior to any entity, but avoid hubris and arrogance. Treat entities with the common civility and courtesy you would show a fellow human being, even if they are not human.
9. Embrace the Dark Unknown, the Great Beyond. That is, love the fact that there is ever more to learn, ever more to do, ever more to achieve.
10. Respect the Mysteries, and the personal gnosis of fellow occultists.
*lurking through occult forums has it’s blessings. You tend to find treasures like these.
Excerpt from “On Magical Currents and Masters” by Frater Acher
The concept of magical currents is a strange evolution of what was once simply called the power of the gods. Today the term is often referred to vaguely yet rarely defined.
At closer look it turns out to be a blend of Jungian psychology and Sheldrake’s morphogenetic fields: the idea that raw power lies in potential waiting to be evoked and directed by the magician. If contact can be maintained over time it results in an active current of occult force which can be accessed through specific symbolic gates. Once stabilized this magical current, however, is not only shaped by the ones who maintain it but shapes them in return as well. The exchange of forces, the process of formation always is mutual. Thus a current of magic begins to form its own line of tradition over time – generating a trail of priests and priestesses all formed and shaped by its inner pattern which had been created or re-evoked by the first magician of its line decades or even ages ago.
Acher, Frater. 2013. “On Magical Currents and Masters,” Theomagica (blog), accessed February 12, 2018, https://theomagica.com/blog/on-magical-currents-and-masters.
Chaos Magick Reading List (Current).
Practical Sigil Magic By: Frater U.:D.:
Creating Magickal Entities By: David Michael Cunningham
Chaotopia! By: Dave Lee
Prometheus Rising By: Robert Anton Wilson
The Infernal Texts By: Stephen Sennitt
The Pseudonomicon By: Phil Hine
Condensed Chaos By: Phil Hine
Prime Chaos By: Phil Hine
Visual Magick By: Jan Fries
Psybermagick By: Peter J. Carroll
Liber Kaos By: Peter J. Carroll
Liber Null & Psychonaut By: Peter J. Carroll